Don’t Forget 2018 Holiday Curb Appeal: Chicago Real Estate
During the 2018 holidays or any holiday no matter the year, your curb appeal needs to not only spread holiday cheer, but attract the right message to guests and potential home buyers. If the outside of your home is not appealing, you may leave a not so great lasting first impression before anyone even experiences what the inside has to offer. Many real estate professionals and home stagers have found that hints of holiday colors and decorations on the outside of your home can create a warm and inviting atmosphere for all that cross the threshold. With so many poor examples of proper outdoor decorations, it is hard to know what is appropriate for decorating the exterior of your home. REALTOR® Magazine provides guidelines to create holiday curb appeal the right way:
1. For a classic exterior look, home stagers recommend twinkling clear, white lights.
2. Hang a festive wreath at the front door that will look great and create a nice smell when buyers enter your home.
3. Add some seasonal flowers to your front entryway to add some holiday color.
4. Show off your windows with battery-operated candle lamps at primary windows.
5. Leave outdoor lights on after 5:00 p.m. to give all a clear pathway as they enter your home.
6. Think winter and not a specific holiday…avoid placing religious-themed decorations outside your home.
7. Make sure your home is in home staging shape with nicely trimmed bushes, fresh house paint, etc.
Since your home will be looking its best, take a photo that you can use to create a special holiday card or flyer to be used as marketing material through the holiday weeks. With these tips, you will be on your way to leaving good vibes with visitors, guests, and potential home buyers.
Posted on December 1, 2018, in 2016 real estate predictions, Chicago Real Estate, Chicago top ranking realtors, Lincoln Park Real Estate News, Real Estate News and tagged Chicago Condos, chicago homes for sale, holiday, Ian Schwartz, ian schwartz group, Illinois, Lincoln Park, real estate, staging, top chicago realtors, Top selling chicago realtor. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.